Technology and important advantages of a hydraulic rope winch
Our hydraulic winches are powered by a hydraulic motor. This means that the vehicle also requires a hydraulic system with a high-pressure pump and hydraulic oil circuit with the necessary operating pressure. Oil flowing under high pressure drives the winch motor, which in turn drives the winch drum via a planetary gearbox. As the winch drum turns, it winds up the rope to the maximum traction force of the winch.
Advantages of a hydraulic rope winch:
- Very high traction forces available
- Possible continuous operation (not really possible with an electric winch)
- Fast line speed (not really possible with an electric winch)
- Robust and long service life due to the high-quality steel used for the winch housing and mounting components
Hydraulic winch applications
There are many different possible applications for hydraulic cable winches from ProLux. A hydraulic truck winch can be used as a recovery winch by towing and recovery services and disaster relief organisations at accident sites and in disaster zones. As a forestry winch, mounted on trucks, such as Unimogs, as well as tractors. Or as a hydraulic winch for a tractor’s hydraulic system. It can also be used as a construction winch and they are often mounted on excavators, tracked vehicles and bulldozers. This type of winch is also commonly used with heavy off-road vehicles.
Hydraulic winch for recovering vehicles
Our hydraulic winches are often used by heavy recovery trucks, breakdown recovery services and fire brigades to move cars or HGVs that have been involved in an accident. The winches are also used by rescue and relief organisations when providing disaster relief, e.g. to remove overturned objects.
Hydraulic winch for Unimog, excavators and construction vehicles
Unimogs are multi-purpose working machines with many possible applications and mounting options. A Unimog fitted with a crane, a front loader and a Unimog winch is ideally equipped for lifting and pulling loads. Our hydraulic cable winches are also used by excavators and other construction vehicles. They meet the requirements for safely working on steep slopes or difficult terrain.
Hydraulic forestry winch
Forestry winches are mainly used to move felled trees ready for loading. Unimogs and tractors with a front hydraulic winch are ideal for this task. The high pulling capacities and durability of our hydraulic winches make them ideal for use as a forestry winch.
Key features of a hydraulic winch
To be able to work efficiently with your hydraulic winch, you need to look out for the following features.
- The winch free-spool coupling should be pneumatic, not manual. This allows you to unwind the rope quickly without having to switch it to free-spool on the winch – you can simply use an optimally designed pneumatic switch or release the drum via the radio controls.
- If the winch brake is hydraulic rather than mechanical, you will save on the maintenance required for mechanical brakes.
- A radio remote control enables you to move around freely while operating your hydraulic winch. Using the radio control, you can therefore closely observe the load being moved in order to ensure optimal and safe operation.
Buy hydraulic winches and accessories in the ProLux online shop
We supply a wide range of hydraulic winches with different load capacities. Find your perfect hydraulic forestry winch or Unimog winch as well as a range of compatible accessories in our online shop. Of course, you can also order electric winches, hand winches and winch ropes online. Find everything you need at great prices. We are happy to provide you with free advice with no obligation – we are your hydraulic winch specialist!